Thursday, September 10, 2009

Still Here-Day 8

Yesterday I had my post-dates ultrasound and non-stress test. These are both done to make sure the baby is still thriving. Marisa came with me to the ultrasound which she was really excited about. I'm glad she was able to see the ultrasound of Lily. At this point she is so big that you can't see much, but the tech gave us some great shots of her little bum! Haha! There was plenty of fluid for her to swim in, so the tech said (with disappointment) that she couldn't call the hospital to induce me right then.
The non-stress test simply involves them putting monitors to measure the baby and contractions and make sure the baby is reacting appropriately (ie the heartrate goes up as contractions go up). I was there for about 2 boring hours. It also reminded me how uncomfortable those hospital beds are! I'm going to have to bring a few pillows from home!
At 9 the Camerons, Amber, and Hillary came over to watch Wipeout. The Presidential address went over, which worked out so we could all chat before the show started (sorry, Pres. Obama!) What rocked was that when the show came on it a. started from the beginning, and b. was in Australia! Nice! Those Aussie contestants are even crazier than the American ones (who knew that was possible!?)
Today is going to consist of last minute preps for the baby. She'll be here tomorrow! Nutters! I also want to sneak in one more nap before I don't sleep again for 6 months:)
Shane is going to try and keep the blog updated while I am in the hospital, in fact, I think he is planning on bringing it to the hospital, so stay tuned for some pics tomorrow! He also joked that he was going to web cam the whole thing...well I hope it was a joke:-D Well I am off to savor my last day with Oliver as an only child!

5 comments:

Cindi said...

Have a wonderful day today...and I'll be praying for you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jess, we'll be praying for you and your cute family! It'll be great, and you'll have some helping hands right next door (for a little while longer)- so please don't be afraid to ask if you need anything!

michael ann said...

BABY!!
i am so very excited for you and your whole johnson sargent family and wish you lots and lots of luck tomorrow :]

Rocky said...

Good Luck, Jessica & Shane! Time for Oliver to step into the big brother shoes!! You'll be in our prayers -- Love, Rocky, Carol & The Bish

Cindi said...

...just checkin' in...will look later...thinking of you