Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Still Here-Day 7

Well yesterday went from being a pretty bad day to a pretty good day. It started off with ridiculous phone tag with my provider. I was told I needed a non stress test before my appointment, but no one ever wrote an order up for one. I told this to the receptionist and after talking to three people I was told to just call the hospital and tell them I needed one. That sounded wierd, but I called. Not surprisingly they told me I can't just call and ask for one, that my provider needs to do that. So I call the provider back, get new person number 4 who transfers me back to person number 3 who says that they'll call me back. They called back and said don't worry about it, just come to the appointment.
I also called the hospital to see when the tour of the child birth center was yesterday and they said from 7-8 in the evening. Marisa was planning on coming up, so that was perfect because then Shane could come check it out with me! Hooray! The only bummer was that I had to miss Enrichment.
At 1230 we got a knock on the door...RahRah! Ris had surprised us and come up early. Oliver was beside himself. We pretty much just lounged most of the day and then went grocery shopping. We took a little long doing that so I had to rush Ris and Oliver home and then zip over to my appointment...and I was only 5 minutes late!
So in the appointment my provider checked me and said I hadn't really progressed since the last time I saw her (2 weeks ago), so that was a bummer. Still 2cm and 50%.
Then came the real kicker. She set up my NST and ultrasound appointments for Wednesday and then told me they would schedule the induction for Monday. Now you all know I've been thinking that I would be induced on Thursday. It's not just that I'm impatient. Marisa leaves on her mission on Monday!! She would leave and I would be pregnant, she would return and I would have an 18 month old! I told my provider this whole sob story, and she explained to me that they won't do it on a weekend or Friday and that Thursday was too soon, that they like to be closer to 42 weeks than that. So while she went to order the induction I sat in the room holding back tears, trying to think of ways to break it to Marisa that she was not, indeed, going to be meeting her niece for another 18 months.
This is where the tides turned. She came back with the nurse and said, "Great news! I just asked the nurse if they do inductions on Fridays and she said they do! So we scheduled your induction for Friday!" Sweet miracle of miracles! I couldn't believe it! I was beside myself and thanked them both about a million times. So most likely Lily will be born on 9/11 which I don't mind because it is the mirror of Oliver's birthday (11/9) so it is easier to remember! The only "if" is that I have to call 6 o'clock Friday morning to make sure they're not too swamped. If they get inundated by labors the night before, they won't take me! So lots of prayers for a slow week in the maternity ward, okay?
So I got home, we had dinner, and Shane and I were out the door to go for our Birth Center Tour. Which the tour guide forgot about so we sat there for 20 minutes before Shane informed them that there were 3 couples waiting for a tour. A nurse quickly threw together one, but she was great. She answered all of our questions, and good lordy! that ward is MUCH bigger Laconia. The nurse said that last week they were swamped with births (the week I was due) and that for this month they had already had 30 births! So I'm hoping we missed the wave and that it will be quiet when we go in. When I had Oliver it was only me and one other woman. In the entire birth center last night, I think there were two women in there, so that is hopeful.
Allright, I have to go make my sweetums lunch!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Castor oil + orange juice + ice in a blender (and a little bravery) You'll be sick. BUT, it worked for me and Reily. She was 4 days overdue. I was sick for 3 hours and then the contractions started and 2 hours later...voila!! Good luck!

Cindi said...

Surprise them all, I say! Come on out to play, Lily!!! Let's just all say it at the same time! COME ON OUT TO PLAY, LILY!!!