Monday, September 7, 2009

Still Here-Day 5

Yesterday was the PERFECT fall day. I wish every single day was like that. Crisp, cool air. Plenty of sun. Blue skies. I made a slow cooker meal so that I didn't have to worry about preparing dinner so I could focus on taking a nap! Lately I haven't been able to make it through the day without a nap. It makes me wonder what it's going to be like when Lily gets here because I'm going to be getting a lot less sleep!
In church yesterday we were talking about what our passions are. I couldn't think of one. I asked Shane later and he said "reading blogs." That needs to change. I'm hoping to clear a spot in the apartment and adopt my mom's sewing machine. I would really like to be able to do some basic sewing.
Today is Marisa's birthday. I was kind of hoping to have Lily today so she could share a birthday with her Auntie, but it's not looking good. Sorry RahRah!
We are celebrating by going to the Hopkinton State Fair. Marisa is missing the Sandwich Fair (an annual tradition for any Lakes Region student/alum) and she wanted to be able to feel the Fair atmosphere so we are taking her to this one. Apparently its a really big one, so it should be lots of fun! Shane and I are going to try to NOT stuff ourselves silly because we are also going to the Rochester Fair and Sandwich Fair this year, but I can make no promises.

No comments: