Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This Week

I'm sure most of you know, but I have to put it out into the blogosphere...Oliver made through all two hours of nursery with no problems!! It has been a bummer being in a ward where I don't have a Primary calling, but still having to sit in Nursery for two hours. For sure, I don't know if this will change anything for next week, but it was nice to sit with my husband during Sunday School and to pay attention and contribute in Relief Society. I also got a calling last week as Relief Society teacher, so every third Sunday I will be teaching the lesson. It is a perfect lesson for a soon to be mommy of a newborn...not too demanding!
I think the main reason that Nursery worked out is because Oliver fell asleep the first hour of church, so when it came time for Nursery, I just handed him over to Sis. Jones (the nursery leader) and she just held him until he woke up. That way he woke up to her and toys. He had no choice but to play! He doesn't usually fall asleep during the first hour, though, so we will see how next week goes...
Sunday night the Camerons invited us over for some fried chicken goodness. They got a fry daddy a few months ago and, after that meal, have pretty much convinced us to get one! The chicken was delicious, and fries are so much better fried than baked! We finished the meal with Ariane's delicious strawberry pastry dessert.
Monday was just a hangout sort of a day.
Yesterday I had my 28 week appointment and Oliver had his 18 month appointment in the afternoon. At my appointment I had to drink the LOVELY glucose drink. It was fruit punch flavored, which I hate regularly, and when a bunch of extra sugar is added, it does not improve the taste. After the appointment my blood was taken, three vials of it! The last vial only filled 3/4 because apparently I ran out of blood. While at the appointment Oliver fell in LOVE with one of the nurses. When she left the room he cried like he does when Shane or I leave him! And then she showed up later and he ran over, hugged her, and let her hold him! Maybe this is the beginning of the end of separation anxiety?
In the afternoon Oliver had his first appointment with his new provider, Hilltop Family Practice. I chose them off a list of providers and they had an appointment the soonest so I picked them and I'm so glad I did! His PCP is wonderful! He usually cries and is uncooperative that well child checkups, but he was wonderful. He let her do all of her poking and prodding with no complaints! And for the first time in his life he is actually underweight for his height! He has stayed bascially the same weight since his birthday, so it wasn't too surprising, but still cool to see. He is obviously still a big boy. His weight is in the 90th percentile and his height is above the 95th. It has always been switched. After my pregnancy I am definitely going to go to this practice for my primary care. They were so nice and welcoming to Oliver. It is also pretty small with only 3 providers, which I like. I go to the Avis-Goodwin Community Center for my prenatal care and it is just so huge! The walls are lined with pictures of the providers. They even do dental work there! They are also all very nice, but after going to Moultonborough Family Health since I was 8, I'm much more used to smaller practices (they, too, only have 3 providers).
After the appointments Marisa came down to visit. After I put Oliver to bed at 730 we headed over to Chili's for some dessert action! We split and molten lava cake and a chocolate chip paradise pie! I like the pie better and Marisa like the lava cake better so it worked out. They were HEAVENLY!
So I am already at the stage in my pregnancy that I have to go to the doctors every two weeks! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone! Oliver's just seemed to last forEVER, but I think I'm too distracted with his day to day life to obsess over this pregnancy, which is good, because it just makes me anxious. I do think I have to slow down on the ice cream/lava cake runs, though. I found out I put on another 5 lbs this month! That makes my total weight gain so far 20 lbs. I was hoping to keep it around 25, which I now know won't happen, but I really want to stay under the recommended 35 lbs, which is exactly what I gained with Oliver. That also means I would stay under 200 lbs which is just a self esteem thing...noone likes standing on a scale and seeing the number 2 at the beginning! Pregnant or not! I've been taking less walks with Oliver because I don't know as many moms around here and walking alone can get, well, lonely! I will try harder, though, to keep the weight down and the fitness up! Also, the pool here should be opening soon, and once that happens; you know where to find me!

3 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

Thanks for being our guinea pigs on the chicken...maybe the 2nd time we'll get it right! :-) You should just add "fry daddy" to your baby registry if you end up having a second shower!

Courtney said...

You look fabulous. Even if that number goes over 2-- you'll still look fabulous!

Jenn said...

You look beautiful and 20 pounds is totaly normal for this stage. 16-22 is normal for 26 weeks, anyway. I actualy gained 7 pounds last month which led my doctor to ask "What are you eating?" and me to work very hard to hold back the reply "I eat at McDonald's 6 times a day, you got a problem with that?" Seriously, though, I've only gained 15 and I'm 27 weeks, so he can just calm down. Anyway, enjoy your last few months!