Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breakfast dilemma

I've been having problems as of late deciding on what to have for breakfast. Lately dairy products aren't sitting very well with me, so I've had to cut out cereal and yogurt. I've been eating a lot of oatmeal, but the later into the pregnancy I get, the more heartburn it gives me. We don't have a toaster, so I can't do bagels or toast! I'm running out of ideas! I just had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and my body seems to be pretty happy with that, so I guess I'll be living on a lot of pb&j for the next 2 months! We are such a dairy family. Cheese or milk is in every meal, so its been tough figuring out what to put on the menu, and most of the time I just suffer through the stomach pains because I can't live without m'cheese! I know I'm going to have to cut back on it, though, because the bigger I get, the more it bothers me. Ho-hum, I guess these are the small prices I have to pay to bring a life into the world! It'll be worth it, I'm sure:)

2 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

Try soy milk! Worth a shot. May not be as tasty as real milk, but will at least wet your cereal! :-)

mikensi said...

Doesn't pregnancy just suck sometimes? I am having this same dilemma! I normally drink lactose-free milk, but milk & other dairy have been giving me bad heartburn lately! So, no more cereal for me. Which sucks b/c I wanted a bowl yesterday. :( But, I agree, try soy or rice milk.