Monday, June 1, 2009

Montrea, Afternoon of Day 2

Lunch time!
I had sausage and sauerkraut (best of my life) and Shane had a chicken burger with goat cheese and homemade mayo. Delish!

Biodome
"Habitat" from Expo '67-Does anyone know why we don't have Expo's and World's Fairs anymore?

Dinner! This is a chain Lebanese restaurant (didn't know it was a chain at the time) We need more ethnic chains around here! (And I don't count Taco Bell as one)

Shane had falafel (not very good) and I had lamb kabob, again delish!

In the afternoon we gathered with about 200 other people to watch this man dance with a back hoe. The Council of the Arts is trying to "bring the arts to the people" so we got to watch this amazing performance for free! His choreography was incredible. He really made the machine seem very human-like. It was my favorite part of the trip (other than the food, of course!)
(I'll add video of it, it just won't cooperate right now)

1 comment:

Mike and Ariane said...

Fun! Looks like the Biodome is a rip off of Epcot! You think? Myabe they don't really do world's fairs anymore because of the internet...no need to travel to a showcase to see what is happening in the world. I actually think they still have them, but space them out more and they aren't as big of a deal.
Oh, I have a really cool short film of people dancing with back hoes! I got it from my film festival in 2001. We can share it sometime. Mike once used it at work as a joke in a meeting. Ask him about it sometime!