Tuesday, June 16, 2009

32!

Shane turned 32 on Saturday. We celebrated all weekend. Friday night we ordered in Chinese food from Yangtze. The General Tsao's and Orange chicken were delicious! The crab rangoon was not sweet enough for our taste, very bland. We will definitely make that our regular Chinese food spot.
Saturday morning we both worked on our talks that we had to give on Sunday. I also took the car for a much needed inside cleaning. I was also able to fix the lever that allows us to open the storage compartment underneath the trunk. It was a mini birthday present for Shane:)
In the afternoon we headed over to Shane's parents for his birthday dinner. We had brats, burgers, pasta salad, potato salad, and Shane's annual birthday cake; vanilla cake with homemade whipped cream and strawberries. Irene upped the stakes this year and made white cake. I didn't know that cake could get more delicious, but it was perfection! As a combined birthday/anniversary gift, Tom and Irene gave us some deck furniture so that we can actually spend some time on our deck. They even bought Oliver an adorable little beach chair and beach toys. He loves carrying it around the house because it is Oliver sized! Shane loves to guess his gifts before he opens them which drives me CRAZY, but I thwarted him this year and he didn't guess a single gift! His big gift was also a gift for me...an E-Z Pass!! Its so nice to not have to worry about having cash for the tolls. I also bought him an electric shaver, and shirt, and a lunch bag. Oliver's birthday present to Shane was that he slept in until 745 Sunday morning! He usually wakes up at 6am, so it was a great gift:)
Our talks went great and Oliver was very well behaved while we took turns going up to speak. He also made it through Nursery again, and he went in awake this time! I feel so refreshed after two hours of uninterrupted gospel time.
When we got home I spent the rest of the afternoon making Birthday Dinner Part 2. Turkey pot pie and cherry pie. They both came out delicious and we had a nice evening. We didn't get to have the cherry pie until 1030 because Oliver decided not to go to bed until 10pm! Needless to say he was a grumpy gills all of yesterday.
I had a great weekend celebrating Shane's birthday and I'm so grateful that I get to celebrate the rest of his birthdays with him. He is such a blessing in my life and I'm grateful that he chose to spend the rest of his life with me!

1 comment:

mikensi said...

happy birthday, shane!