Friday, September 14, 2007

Job update and gass prices fun

Well, I got the job. That was some easy stuff. Worked the 5 hours (unpaid training) last night. It went smooth. I have eaten at Subway so many times before that I didn't really even need them to show me what to do with the sub making. They kept asking me, "Are you sure you have never worked at a Subway before?" LOL.


Thank you all for the well-wishings. It is comforting. One of the biggest challenges that Jessican and I have faced is being away from our social support structure (i.e. our friends and family).


And now for the fun of it I took a picture of gas prices over here in Scotland - you think you have it bad?


This picture was taken near our flat, probably a 3 or 4 minute walk. That is 90.9p (p = pence which is like our cents.) a liter!
Lets do some quick math. 1 US gallon = about 3.8 liters. lets mulitply 90.9p by 3.8 and you come up with £3.45 a gallon roughly. So then now lets convert that into USD per gallon at the conversion rate of 1USD = 2.05BP and you get about $7.00 a gallon.
$7.00 A GALLON!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you got it man!

Man it stinks not having you around, pinky and i really have to get some funds together and go visit at some point.

mikensi said...

ah crap.. that bites. well.. we don't even have a car, heh. but if we did, i wouldn't complain about gas prices! continued wishes on your new adventure in scotland!

Jon said...

Wow. Makes ya kinda glad you're walking to work, eh?

Congrats on the job man. Every time I go into a Subway now I will envision you there making my sandwich! lol

Mike and Ariane said...

Mike is so proud! He'll take a 12 inch Cold Cut Trio! Regular mustard. Light lettuce...
Order up!