Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Its only Tuesday!?

It feels like we have been here at least two weeks, and it has been four days. I think its the not have a job, school, or money, so all we can do is lounge! Today we went to Woodside Medical Center to get set up with a doctor. Of the 5 people we dealt with, I understood one of them. It was a very frustrating experience. Its very frustrating to know that they are speaking English, but not know a word that they are saying. I am attending an antenatal (aka prenatal) clinic tomorrow to orient myself with the center and I think also with the hospital, Queen Mothers Hospital (the locals call it Queen Mums). We shopped for prams yesterday and found one we liked, and it was the cheapest one in the store, £140, so about $300. This is what it looks like : http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000IEPORM
We also have the option of buying one in America and paying to have it shipped. This one is $180 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3429530 so that means that shipping would have to be $120 to make the other one worth it. I know that buying the American one makes more sense, but I'm still drawn to the Scottish one, probably because I got to push it around and stuff in the store.
The interview that Shane was supposed to have today at Subway fell through because the manager felt ill and went home early. Hes going to try to intercept her tomorrow. Its tough not having a phone, it would make everything a whole lot easier because people could actually get a hold of us. It was a real Scottish morning this morning, very wet and dreary so my mood has been a bit down all day. Also I have been reading a book called "From Here to Paternity" its just a journal that a man kept while his wife was pregnant. For some reason it makes me sad to read it. I know I should stop, but I'm intrigued. The next book in my list is, well, I can't remember the name, but something along the lines of "Snow Flower and the Secret Letter", a book that will definitly not cheer me up as it is about Chinese foot binding, but mom recommended it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jess and shane about the prams that you liked. i think i like the one from schotland at mothercare much better. however it is your decision what will be the cheapest for you. talk soon love mom