Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Well, the Sargent household had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The food was absolutely delish and nothing beats being surrounded by family. We had all of the Thanksgiving staples; turkey, stuffing, gravy, green beans, green bean casserole (yuck), jellied cranberry sauce, homemade cranberry sauce, biscuits, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, deviled eggs, and salad. The coolest part was that Oliver had a little bit of everything and loved it all! He was pretty much passed out for the entirety of Thanksgiving last year, so although he was screaming for food most of this one, at least he was alert!
We ate rather late (630) because Shane had to work until 6. We were all settling into our Turkey-coma's at about 730 so we had our desserts last night. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, and ice cream. YUM!

Yesterday, in case you hadn't heard, was also Black Friday. I went whole hog this year and went with my MIL and SIL to Wal-Mart at 430am to stand in line for a half an hour. There was nothing that I was worried about getting, it was just for the excitement of it all! And exciting it was! At 430 there were probably 100 people in front of me in line and by 5, when the doors opened, there were at least as many behind me, too. The store was okay except for around electronics, you really could not move. I had to abandon my cart because I would have been stuck next to the laptops (no, Shane, that is not what you got) until next Tuesday! The line to check out was pretty ridiculous. I hopped in a line, and then saw that there were two lines, but, wanting to keep my place, I stayed in my slow line. It wasn't until my line got to the register that I noticed that my line went to ONE register, the other line went to ELEVEN!!!!!! So dumb. So by 7 we were out of Wal-Mart and moved onto Target, which was good for DVD's and not much else. Then we went down to Salem and hit Kohls, who had a super long line, but they're so efficient that it went super quick, Christmas Tree Shop, and Barnes and Noble. By now it was about 230 so we had lunch. My SIL had packed turkey sandwiches and chocolate cheesecake...just the pick-me-up I needed! We went back to Penacook to pick up my car and I left my MIL and SIL there and proceeded on to the Outlets where I hit Old Navy ($10 sweaters!), Banana Republic (50% off the entire store!), and Carter's (50% off the entire store!) I finished shopping at 6pm, 13 hours after I had started. It was so much fun and I already can't wait to do it next year!
The spread
Where's m'turkey!?
The line outside
The line inside
The damage
The damage!

2 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

Fun, we hit the Kittery outlets at midnight (Polo, J Crew, Banana, Gap and Calphalon). We were in bed by 3am and back out at 11am for round 2 at Best Buy, Staples, the mall, etc. We got home about 6pm.

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

I'm just amazed by this Black Friday stuff. Somehow, the fun of it eludes me. But I love that YOU found it fun. Katie our daughter also loves getting up at 4 AM to shop. Maybe it's a young thing; maybe it's a girl thing.

But one thing I will say: you have more shopping done than we do. CONGRATULATIONS on your haul!

--Ken