Sunday, November 16, 2008

cry baby...the finale?

So after that lovely night of waking up 5 times (in which the 4th time Shane said "Oh, is this his first time waking up!?") Shane and I both agreed that even though Oliver sleeps in a crib right next to us that we would just let him cry it out over the weekend whenever he got up. So two nights ago Oliver fell asleep great and then got up at 1230 and cried like crazy for 5 minutes while I was laying in bed trying not to move, hoping he couldn't see me. Eventually, though, he went to sleep and didn't get up until 530. Last night when I put him to bed he whimpered twice and fell asleep and didn't get up again until 5!!! It was lovely! Of course, I'm sure he will get a cold, or a tooth, or something that will make him stay up all night now, but for the time being WE DID IT!!!

4 comments:

mikensi said...

lol, gratz! that's awesome! yay for not attending to every cry. i'm sure it could get old after a while. and, well, i'm sure you'll know when he's sick and needs your TLC :)

FAMILIA FLANDERS said...

I'm so proud of you!!.
Love Mariluz

Becky said...

good for you for hanging in there. Kaleb wanted to know "why the bald guy's wife is crying" from church yesterday. Made me laugh - not that you were crying, just the bald guy comment...

don't you love observent children?

Sargent Family said...

well i had my very first migraine that hit me like a ton of bricks as soon as i got to church. (i promise it had nothing to do with my temple recommend interview i was supposed to have that day!!)
why the heck aren't i the piano lady?! why do i have to be the bald guys wife!?