Wednesday, November 12, 2008

cry baby

Well last night for the first time in my little boy's life I made him cry himself to sleep. I had nursed him to sleep at 745. Fine. Great. But at 830 he woke up crying. I knew he couldn't be hungry, and that if I went in there he would want to be held and nursed, so I stayed strong and folded laundry downstairs. He cried for 30 minutes before finally falling asleep in a very awkward position (don't they always?) When I didn't hear him anymore I went to check on him, and that of course woke him up, but he didn't see me so he just went right back to sleep. For the past few weeks he has been getting up 5 times a night and last night he only got up twice! (330 and 6) I don't know if this will be an every night occurrence because I still like to nurse him in the evening, but it is good to know that he can actually survive crying himself to sleep!

2 comments:

Erica said...

good for you, jess! that is one of the hardest things we have to do as moms. another is potty training...but i'll save that for another year! ;)

Cindi said...

First of all, let me just say, GRAMMA's HATE to hear this story...of course, we all know it is exactly the right thing to do at this point, for everyone's good, (and we all have experienced it as moms), BUT...!!!

Hang in there...you will all be happier, and you are teaching him how to sleep, then to put himself back to sleep...very important! I feel your sadness :-(. I actually had to leave the house and to sit in my car with the radio on so I didn't have to hear it with one of mine!