Friday, April 25, 2008

Tagged...finally!

I never get tagged! Thanks Erica for the tag! I love doing these things! (maybe I shouldn't admit that? You can add that to #7)

1. Where was I 20 and 10 years ago?

20 years ago: I was 2. This is a journal entry from my baby journal of that year (May 24, 1988)
"Well my speech has improved incredibly in the last 3 months. I can say almost everything now and all the kids names except Aaron. I call him "Raina". We have lots of fun playing now. I go to Tumbleweeds one day a week to burn oup some excess energy. I am also toilet trained now and have VERY few accidents. My best friend right now is Nicole Hayes. She and Mom are having babies at the same time so they go to swim aerobics and we go to the creche. I can count to six by myself just from hearing Aaron doing it over and over. We just got a new piano and Mom spends more time with it than with me so I take down the music while she plays. I have lots of energy and I am up at 530am looking for someone to play with. Mom always ends up being the one to get stuck with me."

10 years ago: I was 12. I was in seventh grade. I had a crush on Jason Brown. I loved social studies and got second place in the Geography Bee. I can still remember the question I got wrong. What is the name of the major highway that goes through Germany? I had never heard of the Audobon!!

2. Five things on my to do list for today:

1. Pack Shane's lunch
2. Go to the Meredith Mother's Group at the Village Perk
3. Make dinner...I'm thinking Chicken Parm...
4. Vacuum the bedroom
5. Pack for Connecticut

3. Five snacks I enjoy:

1. Man, everyone has such healthy things! Not me! I just made these delicious peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups in the middle, so thats #1 right now
2. Cheese Doodles (crunchy, not puffed)
3. Australian Chocolate (Cherry Ripe, Crunchies, Flakes, Jaffas, Caramello Koalas, etc)
4. Corn Dogs
5. OK, I'll throw in something healthy...sugar snap peas and fresh from the garden tomatoes and corn!

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire:

I try not to even think about it.

5. Four of my bad habits:
( I agree with Erica on most of these)
1. Having too much to do and not knowing where to start so I stand there in limbo and nothing gets done.
2. Whining about dumb stuff I can't change.
3. Being critical of Shane when I know he does the best he can
4. Gossiping!!!!

6. Five jobs I have had:

1. Squam Lakes Ice Cream
2. Convenience Store Clerk
3. Waitress at a Retirement Community
4. Lifeguard
5.Parking Lot Attendant at Loon Mountain

7. Five things people don't know about me:

1. Broadway Musicals I have seen: Les Miserables (what an amazing way to be introduced to Broadway!!), Miss Saigon, Rent (2x), Mary Poppins (loved it!) and I saw The Phantom of the Opera in Madrid and The Lion King in Toronto (if you have not seen it, buy tickets. now. go.)
2. My roommate had a crush on Shane, told me to come check him out, we both dumped our significant others, and started dating!
3. I volunteered for something called Radio Reading when I was in Idaho. I would read the local newspapers over the air for the blind population. I loved it so much!
4. I LOVE my in-laws. Most people whine and complain about theirs, but I have fantastic in-laws that are so generous and loving. Its awesome to have them and my parents so close by!
5. Shane and I realized that we had met before we met (if that makes sense). When I was in high school Shane managed the Meredith Theater and remembers when my class came to watch Pearl Harbor. So we had SEEN eachother before but didn't KNOW eachother! It turns out he had worked with one of my best friends! We were very connected before we had even met! I love it!

I tag Jen H. and Ariane!

No comments: