Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Fools!

We had a day filled with April Fools jokes.
Shane started out the day very convincingly telling me that he bought a box of Magic The Gathering cards at work (they cost about $60) Now anyone who knows our financial situation will know that we can not afford to buy him those costly toys. He had me going for about 5 minutes, I just kept saying "You'd better be joking or I am going to be so angry at you" and just really trying to control my temper. After a while he said to Oliver, "You ready bud? Tell Mommy...April Fools!" Needless to say I breathed a deep sigh of relief.

We had our friends the Flanders over for dinner. They were joking around asking us when we were having our next one, and I said "Well I guess we should just go ahead and tell you...we are pregnant!" Brian looked shocked while Mariluz looked very excited. They both said congrats and then I said "We should also tell you...April Fools!"

After they left I was talking to my mom and I said "Well we were going to wait and walk over to tell you, but, well, we're pregnant again" "Oh." "Its these genes you gave me, mom![my grandmother is an irish twin]" "Well I warned you about those! (pause) Well...congratulations!" "Thanks, oh, by the way, April Fools!"
She said that when I told her we were preggers she thought "Oh no, what have they gotten themselves into!?"

And then finally, Shane called his parents to tell them the happy news. He told them Oliver was going to have a little brother or sister. His dad yelled into the phone "Again!? Already!?" Although they didn't admit it, I knew there was a sigh of relief from them when Shane said April Fools.

It was a good gag for the day and we pulled a lot of peoples legs! I was impressed with our ability to convince so many people!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice! I could NEVER have done that without busting out laughing. You guys are good!

Mike and Ariane said...

I love it. And we would be excited about Irish twins. My Mom had my sister Amy on January 30 and then my brother Andy on December 10. You can do the math! She was like 19 or 20 so she was up for it!

mikensi said...

ha ha! that's awesome :) no one really saw through it when we told them were pregnant. only one person believed us. i guess that's what we get for being so adament about having a puppy.

mikensi said...

ahhhh hah ah haha! my last name is gilbert. i use my first and middle name these days because i'm weird like that. but jimmy jung does have a nice ring to it! in fact, i used to call him that when we were dating. "jimmy james" or "jimmy jung" or even "jimmy eat world."

mikensi said...

thank YOU for the correction! glad you didn't put "sister roberts" on there. ha ha! my AP goes to this same school and he STILL calls me sister roberts.

mikensi said...

ha ha! that makes me laugh so much! jimmy HATED that whatevah girl! i wish HE dreamed about her instead of you because of his hatred. ha ha! anyway, that makes me laugh and i will have to post more videos you can dream about ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.