Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Still Nothing

Still no sign of the stroller. It makes me rather angry, but I guess I have to move on. My mom was generous enough to buy me a really nice umbrella stroller. The reason that the stroller was left in the lobby is that I can't carry it and Oliver up the stairs, but I can easily do that with an umbrella stroller, so that will make life much easier.
I also picked out another couch yesterday. It is being delivered tomorrow. It should definitely fit through the door this time. (side note; I just realized I never blogged about our couch. We ordered a couch and when they came to deliver it, it was too tall to fit through the hallway, much less our front door, so we had to send it back :( :( ) So this couch is a love seat with a chaise lounge as the third cushion. I'm not good at describing it...here's a picture. So the love seat part is not attached to the lounge part, they just push together, so each piece should fit through the door easily. It will be nice to have a couch. Right now all we have is my glider/rocker that we bought for me to nurse Lily in.
Unpacking is coming along. We have 6 boxes of books that are waiting for a bookshelf, 3 boxes for goodwill, and 2 more boxes that need to be unpacked. Its all starting to feel pretty manageable; hooray!
Shane got the sickness early this week and just barely got over it (his was more a general feeling of ickiness as opposed to repeated puking). We got a phonecall from Shane's dad last night telling us that Shane's mom now has the illness. Bad timing as today is her birthday:( :( We wish her a speedy recovery!!!
After such a rough week last week, things seem to be coming together and we're really starting to get settled. I hope that by this time next week everything will be DONE!

7 comments:

mikensi said...

Thanks for the heart palp comment! I was still kind of wondering about that from others. Perhaps just some anxiety. I will comment on this blog later, I'm out the door!

Anonymous said...

OOooo, we have the same in green, I wish they would have had red when we bought ours!

Courtney said...

Haha popular couch. This is our couch and we also have it in red!! Good choice! I'm glad you're settling in!

mikensi said...

Sorry to hear about the stroller not showing up, but it's a good thing you got a nice umbrella stroller! that's a hot couch, btw!

Cindi said...

Jess...maybe someone just took it to store and try to find out who it belonged to??? Leave a note somewhere, just in case...I have done that...here's hoping! Love your couch!!! Good choice!

Sargent Family said...

I did leave a note to no avail. Someone actually crumpled it up, so I don't think that is the case. I was really hoping for more goodness from people, too:\

Cindi said...

In cases like that, I just tell myself thatI guess that someone needed it more than I did...:-(