Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cloth Diaper- This ones for you girl Michael!

I have been wanting do this for some time and I finally got around to it...
MY OWN CLOTH DIAPERS!!
Marisa's friend, Michael (her parents wanted a boy) is very crafty so I knew she would appreciate my creation.
This is only the third thing I've ever sewn (I had to make a vest in home ec. in high school and two weeks ago I made a Maya Wrap) so I am VERY proud of myself! We have had some leakage problems, but I think I didn't fasten it tight enough. I'm excited to make more!
P.S. Save the sumo wrestler jokes, I already know he looks like one:)

5 comments:

Becky said...

Wow - so talented. I love the color you chose. So...what do you do when you have to wash it? Can he hold it that long???:)

~ eRiN ~ said...

I love that its ridiculously bright red. Hot pants for the baby! I'd love to see those peaking out from under the kilt! =)

Erica said...

I'm proud of you for being so successful with your sewing project. Can't say I would do as well as you did! Now as for cloth diapers--you are brave...crazy, but brave ;)

You are GREAT! :)

mikensi said...

i'd imagine you would have to make many more cloth diapers.. let me know how it goes.. so you can tell me in the future if it's worth it ;)

Mike and Ariane said...

There is a cloth diaper company in Portland, more of a service you register for. Now you'll have to get sewing his Halloween costume, now that you've discovered your skills! :-)