Thursday, October 9, 2008

HA!

I knew once I posted that the problem would go away...and it did!

In other news, Shane just got a temp job for a week in the midwest. He leaves on Tuesday and won't be back until the next Wednesday! I'm sad that he'll be gone (and hope Oliver doesn't start walking!!) but its good, quick money he'll be making. Sadness number two...he'll be missing the Primary Presentation! Which, by the way, I am super nervous about. It is my first presentation that I am playing the piano for (two years ago I was the conductor and that, too, made me nervous) and when I have to perform on the piano, I always look down at the keys and say "What instrument is this? I've never seen it before in my LIFE!" Hopefully, though, since I have been playing these songs for 10 months now it will just be second nature. hopefully.

I think I'm going to be in Primary callings pretty much most of my life. Which I am definitely okay with. For a while I was Young Womens Secretary (which my mom is now) and I thought that I would love it, but I found it hard to connect with the girls for some reason. (Maybe because they didn't really see me as a leader because they were 18 and I was 19??) After that I became the Primary chorister and, oh my gosh, found my calling in life. I loved it so much and was devasted when we had to move because I had such a great Primary and I love Primary songs. Then when Oliver was a month old I was called to be Primary Pianist. I was overwhelmed because I can play piano, but not well, and not in front of people. Luckily Dianne Stephenson was called around the same time as Primary Chorister and she is just amazing. She is really patient with me and with the kids and really helps them understand what they are singing. I'm really excited for the presentation this year because the kids actually have the words MEMORIZED (I think this is the first time in years that they have had a chorister for the whole year...makes a huge difference!)
anway. so I feel like I really connect with kids under the age of 12. I'm sure that says a lot about me, but I can really communicate and get through to them in ways that I can not do with teenagers.

I don't know where all of this blather just came from. But there you have it. Shane, Ollie, and I are going to the Moulton Farm corn maze today. I'm excited! I love being a mom!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do GREAT! Let's make a deal, you can be in primary for life, if I can be in YW's for life!

Cindi said...

You will be marvelous, what am I saying...you ALREADY ARE MARVELOUS!!! (And an especially great mom to a wonderfully cute boy!)

Becky said...

Can't wait to see the presentation - you'll be GREAT! I totally know what you mean though - I still get nervous to play in front of people too.

Jen Hallam said...

Whatever, you were a RAD YW secretery. The girls loved you BECAUSE you were young like them. And I loved you because you actually showed up every week to help me! Guess what my new calling is? Primary chorister! Yep, yep! Jealous?