Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sickie

Ahh! Where has the time gone!? I can tell you... To my poor sick Darcy Lou.
Last week she had a terrible rattling cough and wheeze that would wake her up and keep her up at night and her naps were averaging around 20 min. Every morning I'd say "well, surely last night was the worst of it! It will be better tonight.". I did this for 5 days, until Friday I decided I couldnt handle it anymore and scheduled an appointment for later that day. I suspected bronchitis. She had all of the symptoms except for a fever.
When I took her in, Stacey immediately ruled out bronchitis. I think the wheezing wasn't bad enough. She said she definitely had a chest infection, though. Then she looked at her ears she barely glanced and could tell she had a "raging" double ear infection. No wonders he couldn't sleep!
Right there in the office they gave Darcy a nebulizer treatment with albuterol. It was the most peculiar thing... For the first 5 minutes of the treatment, Darcy stared at her mask in bemusement and giggled. I had to afk if they put laughing gas in! Children are not supposed to enjoy neb treatments!! She figured that out for the second 5 minutes and was expectedly miserable. So since Friday she's been on the albuterol, prednisone and amoxicillin and it is just a world of difference! She's been sleeping again, eating again, happy again! What's amazing though is that before we found out what she had, other than sleeping, she just acted like her normal sweet self. What an angel baby! I'm so grateful for an attentive PCP and amazing modern medicine to bring me sweet girl back to health.

1 comment:

Laura said...

poor girl! I'm so glad she's feeling better. And that everyone can get some sleep.