Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Protect

Before Shane leaves for work each day, he tells Oliver to protect his sister. A few weeks ago, we were at a party and there was a baby with the same hat on as Lily's. Her Grandma was holding her. Oliver spotted her from across the yard and started yelling "Hey! That's my sister! Hey! Let go my sister!" then he turned to me, pleading, "Mama! Its my sister!" It was such a beautiful display of a brother's love for his sister. I of course pointed out that Lily was on MY lap, and he said "Oh. Ok" and continued playing in the sand box.
Tonight Lily woke up about 45 minutes after she fell asleep. I guess I took too long getting to her, because Oliver yelled at me "Mama! Beanbean's crying! Go rescue her!" I love how much that boy loves his sister:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet big brother.