Monday, December 21, 2009

Sleep Update



Oy. So I was getting hopeful for a while there. For almost a whole week Oliver was putting himself down for naps and bedtime and even slept through the night 3 nights in a row.
I don't know what happened.
He won't go down for a nap by himself and if I don't hold his hand (which I've done once) he just skips his nap. At night he needs his hand held and even then he wakes up by midnight SCREAMING. Like he's scared. But he has a nightlight. He ends up in bed with us and sleeps well, but we don't.
And of course I had to open my big mouth and say that Lily was a good sleeper...right when Oliver started back up with his troubles, Lily has decided to get up 4 times a night. So I guess I should have been counting my blessings before!!
There are a few factors that I can think of that are contributing to Oliver's problems;
-He is potty training. I read that when they make advances in one aspect of life, they regress in others. (He's also making leaps and bounds in the language department, so sleep seems to be the one neglected)
-It's the holidays. Lots of visitors, lots of travelling, routines disturbed, theres a big interesting tree in the living room, lots more sweets around the house...
-He's skipping naps. Paradoxically, if he is overtired he doesn't sleep very well.

Hopefully its just a phase for both of them and soon we'll be back to a silent night household!

1 comment:

Jen Hallam said...

Woah, so sorry about the sleep woes. There is nothing worse. Especially since you are already deprived with Lily's needs. Hang in there....and know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lily's leg rolls. What sweet chubs....