Thursday, October 8, 2009

Milestone

Oliver hit a milestone yesterday...he finally started saying yes!! Up until now he just kind of grunted and you knew that meant yes. Yesterday, though, I asked him a question and he responded with "Yeah." I was quite surprised! I love when learns new words and figures things out, but I also get a little bit sad because he is that much less of a baby!
For the past week he has also been putting himself down for his nap, which is SO helpful when I have a little one to tend to! /last night he also went to sleep without me holding his hand (I still had to be in the room), so that is also exciting.
Lily had her 2 week appointment last week and was already 9lbs! What a porker pie! We love our chunky babies, though. We never have to worry about them being fed enough! She is growing so fast I just can't believe it! She continues to sleep well at night. She sleeps from 7 to 12, 1-4, and 5-8. The co-sleeper is great and I'm so glad we bought it. I can have her right next to me without worrying about rolling on her, pillows and blankets suffocating, and thus I can sleep much deeper. She is definitely still in the little lump phase, but she's so sweet to look at.
I'm surprised at how smooth of a transition it has been to having 2 children. Oliver loves Lily so much and loves helping me out and giving her lots of kisses. The toughest thing right now is that Shane is back at school, so I don't have him at home Wednesday and Thursday nights. We just have to tell ourselves that in less than a year he will be done with school, he'll have an actual job (instead of an intern) and we'll be making more money. Just. 10. more. months.
So all in all, life is good right now and we are so blessed. I try to do what I can to live up to these blessings and try to show my gratitude often. Life is good!

1 comment:

mikensi said...

yay for milestones! so, i was at this uh baby shower and this veteran in the mom business said that it's easier to raise even #s than odd #s. so, 2 kids is easier than 1 and 4 is easier than 3. let me know how that is when you reach that point. :)