Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandparents

Friday night Oliver spent the night at my parents house so that Shane and I could go to a dinner party. On Saturday they took him to the grocery and then to the Sandwich Fair. I had my SIL's baby shower to go to, so Shane and I didn't get to go this year. They seemed to have a great time, though!
For a while now, Oliver has had his own words for my parents. My mom is GaGa and dad is PopPop. Whenever I say we're going to GaGa's he goes through the whole list...GaGa? Jakey? MyMy? POP POP!? (Jakey is their dog, and Milo is their cat) He is just so stinkin' cute! This weekend when we were at Shane's parents' Oliver came up with a word for Shane's mom; MiMi! Its so nice that he has a word for her now so that he doesn't just have to grunt at her, he can actually call her by name! Grampy isn't so lucky. His name often changes, but the general theme is "Buck-a-goo-bah-gah" It's just not a convenient name!
We're very blessed to have grandparents nearby that Oliver (and in time Lily) can have such a great relationship with.

2 comments:

FAMILIA FLANDERS said...

You are so bless having your mom and dad around to enjoy those cute little babies of yours. You have such a cute family, we love you and miss you guys, I hope you'll come soon so we can meet your little princess.

Rocky said...

Okay, let me guess...Oliver and PopPop are watching GaGa go round-round in that twirly ride, right-right? Rock-Rock