Monday, August 24, 2009

Potty Time!

Oliver peed on the potty on his own for the first time today!! He's peed on the potty a few times when I have placed him on it after he has already begun the act, but this time was different. He was running around, playing naked. He stopped, pointed at his willy, and said "Pee Pee". I asked if he needed to use the potty and he said yes, so I got it out, he sat on it, and he peed!! How exciting!
In other news, the weather has been terrible here for the past week or more. The humidity has been ridiculous but we survived somehow. Today is a tiny bit better, and tomorrow is supposed to be even drier. By the end of the week it is supposed to be in the low 70's with moderate/low humidity so that is something to look forward to. I'm not a huge fan of summer. I need a few days of sun and pools and beaches, but really a week of summer would be good for me. I love the fall and the spring, both have a great feeling of anticipation and the weather is so pleasant. I can't wait for this autumn, mostly of course because I get to welcome a beautiful baby girl into the world! I'm also excited to take Oliver apple picking and go for walks in the nice crisp air.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

HOORAY for Oliver!!! HOORAY for you!!! That is a big first step!

mikensi said...

awesome!! yay for oliver! big boy! p.s. that is too funny about your dream! i had a good chuckle!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Successful potty usage has got to be awesome- it'll be even better when he masters #2!

Courtney said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU! for the pears. I thought when we were talking "tomorrow" you meant Thursday when I would be here all day. Sorry to miss you! And also CONGRATS to Oliver!