Friday, July 17, 2009

Called To Serve!

My little sister, Marisa, got her mission call today!!! She is the only of the 7 Johnson children to go on a mission, and I am so proud of her! She has been called to serve in San Diego, Spanish speaking and also to work as a tour guide at the Mormon Battalion historical site. She is already gushing that this is the perfect mission! She gets to learn a new language, gets to be a tour guide, but gets to stay state side! Its everything she wanted in a mission! She reports to the MTC on September 16. That is 2 weeks after my due date with Lily, so hopefully I won't have to be induced so that she can see her auntie before she goes to serve the Lord for 18 months! I'm so proud of you Ris! Stay classy, Sister Johnson!!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Congrats to ris but we're sad to see that she is missing the Sandwich fair. -shauna & shelbs

FAMILIA FLANDERS said...

how exiting, I'm so glad for Merissa!!! She is great!!!

Cindi said...

Hooray! It IS the perfect mission!!! She is so wonderful, her smile alone is going to touch every person she meets!!! I am SO excited for her...and for San Diego!!!

~ eRiN ~ said...

So exciting! She's going to have a fabulous time and I'm sure she'll be a wonderful missionary. She's so fun and sweet. Yeah!

mikensi said...

awesome! grats to your sis! she will be a great addition to the SD Mission!

Jen Hallam said...

Hooray for the studly sister soon-to-be mish in San Diego. Or should I say Hola Hermana Johnson, me gusto tacos.