Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's a girl!!

Shane still has to scan in the ultra sound pictures, but she looks perfect and beautiful! I couldn't be more excited to be having a little girl. I thought that I wanted another boy, but the more I think about it, the more happy and excited I am that I am having a little girl. We already have the name, which I think most people know, but it is Lily Bates. When she is born there will be 4 generations of Bates! (It is my grandmother's maiden name and my mom, mine, and Lily's middle names!)

She moved a lot more than Oliver did so I got to see a lot more movement. Because I have been able to feel her kick so much earlier it was cool to see AND feel her moving. It was a really special bonding moment. These next 5 months can't fly by fast enough! I'm excited to meet my beautiful daughter:)

8 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh, I am such a good predictor!!! (helps that I have a 50/50 chance!)

Congratulations!!!

FAMILIA FLANDERS said...

Felicitaciones!!!, I've been waiting all day, finally. I'm so happy for you, you are going to have so much fun with that little princess!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I guessed right!Nicole must have rubbed off on you.

mikensi said...

sweet! that's awesome! and so cool you already have a name! i'm still struggling, lol! love the name, btw! not that it matters who likes it and who doesn't- but it's meaningful and i like that!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Let the shopping begin!

~ eRiN ~ said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl!

Unknown said...

Woah!! I have to teach you a thing or two about girls..... Brooklyn is so different/needy than aiden. anyway....congrats. miss you!!

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

A sister for Oliver: how wonderful!

Something Jen and I could never master!

CONGRATULATIONS!

--Ken