Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daniel


Friday was my last day watching Daniel. It was so much fun watching him grow up. You look at other children grow with such a different perspective from your own. I feel so blessed that I was able to work from home these 8 months. It has also been so nice for Oliver to have a little "brother" so he knows what its like. He loves Daniel so much, his favorite thing is to give him hugs (which Daniel hates, because it involves him being crushed) and even as I was looking at photos to post Oliver was saying "Dan! Dan!' I will definitely miss this little guy and his crazy hair. Even more, though, I think I will miss his mom! Joan was the best "boss" you could want! She was so laid back and just let me do my own thing with Dan. What was so impressive is that she stuck with breastfeeding despite working 4 days a week. It takes a woman with determination to do that! I also loved the time we would spend after she would pick Daniel up. We would just sit, nurse, and talk. It was great. Finally, she was also hilarious. On my last day she gave me a card, and on the cover it said "I thought I child proofed my house but they still get in." Ha Ha! Perfect!
They will both be greatly missed when we move to the seacoast, but I'm willing to meet her in Alton if she still wants to drop Daniel off to be babysat!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Lucky Daniel to have had such a loving care provider...

Anonymous said...

Lucky ME for having found Jessica and Oliver! (You too, Shane!)
Miss you already!
Love,
Daniel (Dan)