Saturday, January 24, 2009

soooo hungryyyyy

This is not complaining, honest. I would much rather be hungry my whole pregnancy than sick! I'm just amazed at how hungry I am this pregnancy. And for ANYTHING! With Oliver, my first trimester was all peanut butter and bagels. Despite working at a chocolate store, I steered clear because it made my tummy yucky (never sick, just yucky). It was great because I didn't gain much weight my first trimester! This pregnancy, however, I'll take whatever I can get my hands on! I love sweets, savory, fruits, ANYTHING! I don't know how the second trimester is going to go if my first one is already so hungry (the second is usually when the hunger-monster comes to town)! I think part of it is because I am not eating as much as I think I am because I have a little beggar at my ankles everytime I eat! I have yet to complete a meal because Oliver always wants a few bites! Also I am moving around so much more, chasing Oliver and carrying Daniel around, so I am burning calories faster.
So to all of those moms x2 (or more) were you hungrier with your subsequent children? What filled you up? What did you hate? (I haven't had any food aversions...yet!)

8 comments:

Cindi said...

Well, Jess, your hat says it all..."PIES"! How perfect is that for a stahvin' Mom? Too cute!

mikensi said...

you give me hope, jess. lol. if there is a next time for me, i will let you know how it goes. for now, i'm glad you are hungry and NOT sick. it freakin sucks!

mikensi said...

saaaaad! that makes me sad! i love murder, lol. i'm morbid, i don't care! so, you STILL can't watch those shows?! man. i'm turning into a pansy. pregnancy blows!

Unknown said...

Eat anything you want to. Because you have kids you chase after you get to eat whatever you want and not worry about it. :) With Aiden I gained like 60 lbs. With Brooke, I only gained 40. Go on, raid your frige!

Monica said...

Congratulations!! What great news!With my pregnancies, the cravings changed for each one. Payton - Trix cereal, root beer barrels. Taylor - chocolate. Macy - cheese quesadillas. Reily - Friendly's buffalo ANYTHING!! (I was also the sickest with her) Each pregnancy was different.

marisaj said...

man, now i want a meat pie!

Erica said...

OK-
With Noah is was McD's chicken sandwiches, with Kara, I HATED them! Chicken made me sick. I had gestational diabetes with Elijah so I ate VERY well and only gained 11 lbs. With Ethan I craved popcorn AND I was careful so I would NOT get diabetes again. THAT was brutal! I'd say eat if you're hungry but be careful WHAT you eat so your blood sugar level stays normal. I can tell you what sent mine over the roof and eventually lead me to daily insulin injections (with Elijah). Bagels, Pizza, Carrots, Potatoes, Squash and Corn. And, of course, the really sugary foods. I'd say eat as much protein as you can and it'll fill you up, but keep your sugar AND weight low!

Becky said...

hmmm...not much help here...I pretty much ate IV fluids and it STILL came up. :( Lucky you that you can eat!