Monday, June 16, 2008

Sick Baby


My poor sweet baby has been sick all weekend. Yesterday he had a fever of 103, runny nose, and hacking cough, so we took him to the hospital. The doctor at the clinic determined that he has bronchitis and an ear infection. So far he is doing better today, but it is still so sad to see your baby in pain and not be able to explain to him why. Also, he gags and throws up when we try to give him any medication so does anyone have any tricks about how you give meds to your breast-fed infant?

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That is awful! When Carter had RSV it was the worst to see him suffer and not be able to help him more. When I give Carter meds I aim them as far to the back of his throat as possible. When he got his immunizations, one of them was oral and the girl gave it to him very slowly on the tip of his tongue. I am not patient enough for that method, so I stick it in the back. I have homeopathic teething drops that go under his tongue maybe you could try that. I hope he gets better soon :)