Monday, April 9, 2012

Sooo....

Lily is terrified of Jesus. I know.

It all started last week when we had an FHE about Easter. We talked about how Jesus died and came back and then went to heaven, but that someday he's going to come back. Apparently all Lily heard was "Jesus is coming" and took it as a threat.

She won't go sleep at night.As soon as I leave the room she goes into historical about how Jesus is coming and that he's a bad guy.

I think the bad guy part has to do with the other part of our FHE lesson. We did an object lesson where we put a marshmallow in a crescent roll and cooked it. The marshmallow is Jesus, the crescent; a tomb. After it is baked, you cut open the "tomb" and the marshmallow is gone! Just like Jesus from the time! Wonderful! Miraculous! Right? Lily's reaction? "Hey, Jesus took our marshmallows!" Hence, bad guy.

No amount of us reassuring her that he's not coming any time soon and that he is actually a good guy will convince her. It also doesn't help that we watched a video about Him today and it made me cry, so now she claims that Jesus makes her sad, too. I just can't win!

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? Has anyone else's children gone through the "I don't like Jesus phase"? Help!

5 comments:

sojourner said...

Maybe use a box for a tomb and a plastic person to come out of the tomb.Next time when watching a film,be joyful and smiling,if she sees you happy,she'll be happy?

Monica said...

I would get the picture of Jesus and the children and show her how happy they are to be loved by him. Leave the story of The ressurection for a while.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'd have to think about that one. Though I did see the Del Parson Jesus in the episode of The Middle this week, that might help :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'd have to think about that one. Though I did see the Del Parson Jesus in the episode of The Middle this week, that might help :)

Anonymous said...

and, this is the funniest thing I have read in a while, glad you posted it!