Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's been a while!

I haven't updated in so long! My theory is that because Shane has been home the past few weeks I haven't been able to get onto the computer because of a certain gaming-crazy hubby. Also the battery died on the camera so we haven't been taking many pictures and the ones we have are stuck on the camera! That is why we have been posting more videos lately.
To update on the whole Subway situation: We're still waiting to be approved. We were denied and then corrected what we were denied for so we REapplied and hopefully by the end of next week we will hear something. It seems doubtful because there is so much paperpushing that goes on at headquarters. In the mean time Shane has been able to get his job back at Wal-Mart which is such a blessing. He is there right now which is why I have a chance to update. I'm going to miss him being around all the time, but in the same breath I have to say he was driving me NUTTY! All the wives out there will attest to this. When Dad is home less gets done by myself but then he goes into overdrive. He was running the dishwasher and washing machine every day! I usually do the dishwasher every three days and the laundry once a week! I think he was going to stir crazy and needed something to do, but it just made me feel like the lazy one!

I had my birthday on Thursday. It was a fantastic day. I started out the day getting a massage at the Common Man Inn and Spa in Plymouth. It was a leftover present from Christmas but I'm glad I used it this day!
It was an hour and a half long treatment. The first half hour they massaged in exfoliating cream. Then you soak in a tub for 20 minutes (got kinda boring) and the treatment is finished with a 40 minute long massage with body milk. It was completely luxurious. I loved it so much. Shane said that I was glowing afterwards, and I felt like it. Shane made me bruch when we got home. We had scrambled eggs and sausage. It was De-LISH. We were too full to have dinner that night so we went over to mom and dads for cake and presents. It was a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and butterfinger crumbled on top. YUM. For pressies I got The Big Book of Appetizers, a "burberry" scripture case, scrapbooking materials (thats right, Ariane, mom's converting me too!), an InsideOut CD, and the Children's Songbook CD. My favorite gift, though, was a game called Speak It Not. It is like Taboo but with Mormon words. It is super fun. Cote's and Orton's better be prepared to play it at the Johnson New Years Eve Party!
Oliver has begun teething. He is drooling everywhere and constantly chewing on his fingers. Today I am picking up a teething ring for him.

I only have on picture. It is from FHE a couple of weeks ago. We made german apple pie. It was awesome! Just make sure you use apples that soften easily.

5 comments:

Erica said...

HAPPY BIIIRTHDAY, DEAR JESSSSSS...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU!

I am such a loser. I DID think of you on your birthday, however, it was at 10 o'clock at night and I wasn't about to call you then!! I'm sure you appreciate that! Anyway I'm glad you had a lovely day, you deserve it!

~Erica

Mike and Ariane said...

Happy belated birthday, Jess! Way to go on the spa day! Maybe you could make that an annual gift! I'm so happy you'll be scrapping. I just posted my Disney album, you'll have to check it out. And I'm so glad I'm not the only person you know that drools now...way to go Oliver!

Jen Hallam said...

Jessie Poo, you are now another year older and wiser too(what are ya, like 19 by now? HA). I'm so happy to know you. I miss you and think the world of you!

Becky said...

I am SO ready for some gaming on New Year's! Happy Birthday and I'm so glad it was a wonderful day. Always remember to take time for yourself!

mikensi said...

ha ha! i'm up to 59 pounds,thank you very much ;) i am only going to the gym to be in shape! a different kind of shape. lol. anyway, happy birthday to jessica! love you guys! i miss you, too! hopefully in 0-3 years i will be joining you guys on that side of the mainland!!