Saturday, October 20, 2007

6 days

The count down is definitely getting way down there...we can now just say we are due on friday! it is crazy! On Thursday we had an ob appointment (hopefully our second to last) Our midwife did an internal exam and told us that my cervix is 80% effaced but only 1 cm dilated. So we figured that all of those braxton-hicks last week were thinning out cervix, so now we just have to wait to dilate...its very nerve racking:) she also said she could feel the head, which was so weird, but cool! she also estimated the baby's weight...which I hope she grossly over estimated...because she said that he is already 8 lbs!! I was really hoping Shane's small baby genes would take over (he was 6 lbs) but, unfortunately, i think my fatty pie genes ate his (I was 9 lbs...) Oh well, if my mom could push me out, I'll be able to push Ollie out:)
On Thursday the third and fourth grade teachers at school threw me a baby shower during lunch. It was so nice of them. I got diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, two outfits, socks, and a play yard!!! I really lucked out getting a temp job with such great people, and I will really miss working there, though I think I may be a little distracted by my new little bundle of joy!

I will post some pictures of the shower later, the website doesn't want to let me do it right now...
Tomorrow is the Primary Presentation in our ward and my mom is playing the piano (she has for...possibly the last decade) So we are going to have a sneak peak at what little Ollie will be like at his first primary presentation:) Ok ok I'm obsessing about him... More soon!

4 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

TMI - Mike

Craig said...

TMI - Craig

Jen Hallam said...

Can't wait to meet him via many, many pics on your blog. Be sure to tell him a lot about his drop dead foxy autie Jen, and his "other" father and part-time daddy's boyfriend-Clive.

Mike and Ariane said...

Any news? We still on for dinner tomorrow night? I don't have your home # otherwise I'd call. :-)