Monday, March 12, 2012

Freezer paper monogram

I went to a friend's bridal shower this weekend. I was looking for some personalized decor for her on Etsy. What I found ranged $20-$30 unframed. Looking closer I figured I'd give it a try on my own!
I got the fabric and frame from wal-mart. I was surprised by the quality of both! For the stencil, I got out the ol' freezer paper and exacto knife and got to work!
The first one I made was too bold with 4 coats of paint. It also started to drip. I probably could have still gotten away with giving it to her except that I tried to fix it and in doing so completely destroyed it! (it's my curse, happens to me every time)
For the second draft I decided to only do one coat of paint so that you can still see the pattern under the lettering. Gives it a more folksy look, so the drips and imperfections only add to the character of it (I hope!)
I was really happy with the results and may make a "Sargent" one for our home!

No comments: