Friday, February 3, 2012

I married my father

After I got got home from taking Darcy to the doctor when she was sick, she had what seemed like a laundry list of medications she had to take. Shane promptly went into his office and emerged 5 minutes later with a chart detailing when and how much medicine to give little Darcy.
They always say that girls end up marrying their father, and I definitely did. The enforced organization is what I couldn't stand about my dad as a teen and what I love about Shane as a wife. He is such a great father and a perfect counterpart to my airy fairy roll with the punches style parenting sometimes organized charts are exactly what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love charts! What a thoughtful guy. I did not marry my father, but it's been fun over the years watching Mike and my Dad find more and more commonalities. They've always gotten along really great, they just had to work a little to find things to talk about in the beginning.