Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Belated

Happy birthday to my wonderful baby boy! I have enjoyed being his mother so much. He makes it so easy to be a mom. All he wants to do is make me happy. He loves to snuggle with me. We've started learning Primary songs, and he even requests church songs in the car. He loves his family so much, but possibly loves his cars, trains, and blocks more. He loves being a big boy in his big boy bed, but still has a hard time going to sleep because he misses mama and dada when he goes down for the night. He loves eating, especially string cheese and "treats". He wants to cuddle his little sister all the time, even if she screams to get him off of her... but he loves to tickle and distract her during diaper changes, which is very helpful to mama.Sometimes I am sad about how fast he is growing, but I love each new phase he enters, so I try to be excited about the future instead of longing for the past. Right now the future that we're looking forward to is a future without diapers. Ever since seeing his best bud Carter pee on the potty, Oliver has been very motivated. We've been able to go out in public several times now with no accidents, and he has not problem going potty on public toilets. Yesterday he went to his first big boy story time at our library. They take the kids into another room and do story time for 45 minutes sans parents. He did great and he loved it! We're already excited to do it again next week! I was very impressed because he made it without a diaper, what a big guy!!

No comments: