Friday, August 6, 2010

Cleaning up

This past Sunday Oliver decided to empty out his entire closet. This included the two vacuum bags full of clothes that he had out grown. He had a pile of clothes as tall as his bed. I walked in, saw it, and walked out, refusing to believe what I had witnessed. On Monday I took the kids to my parents' for the week because Shane had to commute all week, so we wouldn't see him and wouldn't have a car. He left Oliver's door closed so that he would not have to look at the massive destruction either.
Today the kiddos were playing in his room, amongst the massive pile of clothes which I still haven't brought myself to do anything about. I went in to tell Oliver that Curious George (his fave show) was on. He stopped me and said "No mama, us is just cleaning up!" And he indeed was putting all of the toys and clothes into his toy box. I loved that he took the initiative, even if it wasn't how I would clean it. And what a good example to set for his little sis that despite the size of the mess, we pick it up! Oh, I love that boy.

No comments: