Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ensign Inspiration


Lately I've been thinking about getting an evening job to help speed up the process for buying our first home. We were thinking of ways to get child care for the evenings, how to balance my time away, how to figure out rides to work, etc.




A couple of nights ago I was flipping through the Ensign (our church magazine) when I came across something that Heavenly Father obviously knew I needed reminding of...




"I hope that if you are employed full-time you are doing it to ensure that basic needs are met and not simply to indulge a taste for an elaborate home, fancy cars, and other luxuries. The greatest job that any mother will ever do will be in nurturing, teaching, lifting, encouraging, and rearing her children in righteousness and truth. None other can adequately take her place." -Gordon B. Hinckley

I know that if I follow this counsel that we will be blessed as we have been since we made the choice for me to stay at home with my children. I wouldn't trade the biggest mansion in the world for spending my days with my beautiful babies!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Inspiration. I love this. :) There is your answer.

Ally said...

really a great reminder (ps I got chills reading it). Thanks Jess!

Anonymous said...

Those are great thoughts. No shame in not having a house, especially if it means waiting for a house that won't cost more to fix than the house is worth, or in a crappy neighborhood.

Mike and Ariane said...

Funny, I read this the other day. Good counsel.