Friday, February 19, 2010

The un-cute side of babyhood

This is for my friend, Michael Ann, who said she was dying of cuteness reading my blog.
Well, here, my friend, is the uncute side of babyhood...
Lily wakes up at 545 every morning to poop.
Every morning at 545, she poops up her back.
Oliver is getting closer to potty training...he poops in his diaper, then demands to sit on the potty. Hooray! Now I get to clean his bum AND the poo covered potty seat!
Sometimes the warm water of the bath makes him poop. Guess who gets to clean it up?
My friend's status the other day was "I just found a booger in my hair. Thanks, son!"
Gross. Gross. Gross.
Speaking of boogers, Oliver picks his nose, then looks at it and says "Mama, ewwwww!" until I wipe it off his hand. (at least he doesn't eat it...)
My brother was making pizza dough the other day, looked over at his daughter turning green, and picked up the dough exactly 1 second before she puked all over the kitchen counter.
Oliver threw up on Shane's face once. I still cringe when I think about it.
Lily woke up 5 times last night.
Did I cure you of your over-cuteness, Michael? :)

4 comments:

michael ann said...

hahaha thanks. cured.

don't remind me that i have a TERRIBLE phobia of barfing and do not want to have to deal with little babies throwing up on me.
ugh...

Cindi said...

Jess, we need to make a collective blog with all of these stories...a "reality" blog of sorts....made me laugh...sort of...I had a barf adventure this week of my own...and NOT with one of MINE!!! That is the trickiest of all!!!

Monica said...

I hear ya! One of my kids has a bum rash. Which is ok. Kids get that sort of stuff. But, the same rash showed up on their nose. Ummm...gross.
Kids are totally disgusting. I don't know how many times FHE has had a special discussion about pottying or wiping.
Parenthood is a lot more disgusting than you were EVER told!!

Unknown said...

Love this post. It's stories like these that I love the tell others when they tell me that they want 6 kids. hahha this has cured me of that....atleast for now. :)