Tuesday, December 16, 2008

miracles DO happen!

Last week my parents' home teacher went over to help cut and stack some wood. That evening he called them up to inform them that his ring had fallen off of his finger, probably while chopping wood. Every night after work for the entire week he came over, metal detector in hand, scouring the back yard for his wedding band.
Then the ice storm hit.
I'm sure that they gave up hope, because I know my parents and our family had. It had probably washed away in the rain, or been buried by the snow.
Friday morning, after the storm had died down I went over to my parents to use their hot water (they have a generator!) as I was walking back, something caught my eye in the driveway. I can't really say why it did, because the sun wasn't out, but I did see a small glint. I looked down, and buried under about half an inch of ice was a wedding ring. I dug it out and started screaming, "I found it! I found it!" We had to wait an entire day to tell them we had found it because they still didn't have their power back on. Apparently my parents' hometeacher was giddy.
He informed me on Sunday that they had been praying all week long that somehow the ring would show up. He then told me that I had been the answer to their prayers.
I am so grateful that the Lord was able to work through my hands to help out these faithful people. It reallly increased my faith in miracles too!

4 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

That's cool! Now can you find us a pot of gold? ;-)

Cindi said...

Sweet story...hurray!

Erica said...

That is really neat! Now, could you come over and scour the stairs where Kara lost her tooth? She was bringing it down to show us (in the middle of the night) and she dropped it :(

mikensi said...

aw, yay! if i lose my wedding ring, i'm getting a mood ring to replace it. not even kidding. should have gotten one of those in the first place, ha ha ha!