Monday, September 15, 2008

scotland...sigh

So I've been harassed by a certain sister-o-mine to update the blog. In Oliver news he is crawling, clapping, and stood alone for 20 seconds yesterday.
In other news, this time last year Shane and I were in Scotland. It has been a rough year since returning from there. We talk often about if it was the right decision. Then I think about the fact that Oliver's grandparents would have seen him at Christmas and in March. I just can not fathom that. I love that Oliver shakes with excitement when he sees his Grandma. It has been such a blessing to live next to my parents this past year. They have been so much help to us. I think about being in labor and how much help mom was (with that "Ah yes, I remember that, thats normal" attitude) and how I didn't have to cook for 2 months after having Oliver because we were still living at my parents. Then I think about the rock hard bed in Scotland. And the ridiculously useless pillows. And I think about when the midwife asked me where my pubic bone was (so she could measure my belly) and I thought she said "On what date were you born" so I said my birthday instead of "yes." I think about those things and I realize that no matter how many trials we have gone through this year that it was definitely the right decision to come home.

5 comments:

FAMILIA FLANDERS said...

You are very so bless to have your mom and dad around, and don't worry next year everything will be better for you guys. We Love you!!

Homeschool Mom said...

I know how you feel. It is a dream of mine to move to my "home" in Canada. Granted it isn't as far away as where you were. My Mom lives two doors down from us, and I couldn't trade that for anything. The close family relationships are so important. I know how you feel!

Maria

Cindi said...

WE'RE glad you came back!

Erica said...

I wish you could've "taken in" more of Scotland, but I'm SO GLAD you guys came back. We are all blessed to have you as part of our lives!

Jen Hallam said...

The only way that decision could have been made sweeter would have been you moving to WY instead of NH. Uh? YEAH!