Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Introducing new flavors



Although we haven't introduced solids to Oliver's diet yet, we have been trying to expose him to new flavors so he will take to solid foods more easily in about 4 months. I gave him a carrot last week which he really enjoyed, but because he has teeth now he was biting off chunks and I was worried about him choking. So we bought him a fresh food feeder. So far he has tasted carrot, red pepper, and watermelon. I think the watermelon was his favorite. It is fun to see his reaction to the new flavors!

4 comments:

marisaj said...

why is oliver more tan than me?
:[

Jen Hallam said...

Silly Wabbit Carrots are for BIG KIDS! Oh wait, that's what Ollie is...he's growing like a weed.

Cindi said...

Loved his "kilt" yesterday!!!! Too cute! I didn't get to see you to tell you!

Shauna said...

I got one of those fresh food feeders for Carter too...he loves it! I love the idea of it, but have some trouble dealing with the sticky mess it creates. I let him use it on days when I am feeling less OCD than others. :)