Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

We celebrated Valentines Day last night to avoid the crowds of couples that may not appreciate a crying baby or me nursing right next to them:) Shane got home when I was still at my parents. When I got home I was greeted with a dozen roses and a big heart box of chocolates. Oliver was also greeted with a little heart box. It was extremely cute.

At 6pm we went out to (of course) the Italian Farmhouse. We had a gift card from Shane's mom from Christmas that we were able to use, or else we wouldn't have been able to afford to go out to eat, so we were very grateful for that. We were not the only ones with the pre-Valentines Day idea. We were seated next to a couple that brought their 10 month old baby. He was very cute, laughing and waving at us through the meal. For appetizers we had fried raviolis and an eggplant and portabello dish. They were both so delish. We had to take turns eating while the other one held the baby standing up, because he'd whine if we didn't. We didn't mind, though. For a main course Shane had fettuccine alfredo and I had straw and hay which is fettuccine carbonara. Shane fed me my meal while I nursed Oliver. It was very sweet of him. We both had leftovers of our main meals, they were so rich! To finish we each had a piece of peanut butter pie. I would have gotten pumpkin cheesecake, but Shane refused to share his pie, so I got my own. What I think was cool was that our bill was exactly 36 cents less than the gift card! Perfect!

We had the leftovers for lunch today.

No comments: